Yesterday I was interviewed by well-known Australian social media consultant, Des Walsh for his new Social Media Show podcast (the new site should go live over the next day or so). Des has posted the interview at his site, but you can also listen to it here at acidlabs. We talk about a number of issues, including:
- how I work with companies
- how valuable and enjoyable I found it to meet others with related interests at Office 2.0 in San Francisco last year and how those meetings were made easier using social networking tools
- how risk-taking is inherent in corporate social networking and how to manage the risk, e.g. by starting within the firewall
- how many employees are using social media tools even though they are not provided by the enterprise
- how companies implementing social networking can and should engage employees in a conversation about acceptable use obligations that come with the provision of tools
The interview runs for about 30 minutes.
Des is doing a series of interviews over the next week as a part of the Enterprise 2.0 Executive Forum on in Sydney on 19 February.